Thursday, December 5, 2013

Abide in God.

Like normal I am currently at Starbucks working on my blog.

Jesus says in John 15:7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you."
I like one of the ways Merriam-Webster defines the word abide. They say it means to stay or live somewhere. But, sadly this definition does not even come close to defining the true meaning of abiding in God. I think the word abide means to fully have faith and trust in God.

We are going to look at Genesis 6:9-end of 7. This is the story of Noah and the Ark.

The Bible describes Noah as a righteous and the only blameless person living on the earth at the time. Let's just take a minute to chew on that, Noah was the ONLY blameless man on earth.

When God looked down at earth he was sad but not just sad He was broken hearted at the earth for how they were so corrupt and wicked. God then looked at Noah and smiled. He smiled, he smiled at Noah because he loved God. Then it says God told Noah that he is going to flood the earth. He then asked Noah to build an ark that would be 450 feet long, in his front yard let me remind you. Noah because he abided in God, was saved from the flood with his family.

The question for you to think about is can you abide whole heartedly with God?

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! Abiding in God is what we ALL should do daily in the name of Jesus! Bless you. Jesus is Lord. Please do check out my ministry when you can. I trust that God is doing a mighty work in you and many others. Here is my webpage: http://ibelieveireceive.org/wordpress/

    ReplyDelete